Thursday, November 15, 2012

Jubilation!

"It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
~Antione De Saint-Exupery

Who likes exciting news? Everybody?!

Exciting news everybody! They emailed me back last weekend! I got to stage again for the place I worked at two weeks ago and they offered me a job! I'm so excited I can't stop smiling! Or dancing! I'm so happy that I get to go back and play and learn in that kitchen for a while! WOO HOO!
My weekend wasn't shaping up quite like I had hoped it would. My plans to go to Indiana and see the Magnificent Ms. Fox didn't work out because the train schedule and my school schedule just wouldn't pan out, at least not for this weekend. I was starting to feel a little bummed as a result of this unfortunate information and then BAM! awesomeness! The way the events unfolded was really amusing too. After I wrote a thank you email to the Executive Chef for the opportunity to work in his kitchen I realized that I really should thank the man who put my name in the Chef's hat in the first place, so I wrote him an email as well. The result was a back and forth correspondence of what staging was and the such. This friend of the family asked me if a stage was all I was looking for out of it so I wrote back that I would have loved to work there but I hadn't heard back and maybe I wasn't at the right level, or just right for, or all the hundreds of 'nice' ways to say that they didn't want me while trying to not be a disappointed baby about the whole thing. As soon as I hit the 'send' button I look at my inbox and BAM email from the Executive Chef telling me that they'd like me back and if I could come back Tuesday (yesterday). I just about combusted with joy. There was ridiculous dance moves nonstop smiles. I start today which means this gets to be a short post but I'll post more when I can on the matter!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! :-) YAY!!!!! *and there was much rejoicing*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for you, my lady love!! This is very exciting and such. =)

    ReplyDelete