Friday, August 17, 2012

Smooth Sailing

"Roads?! Where we're going we don't need roads." ~Back to the Future

So, its Fleet Week this week! Basically, the Navy is in town on shore leave. So my roomies and I went down to Navy Pier to see the ships, but it turned out that there was also an air show too! Woot!
There was also a simulator that we all went on it was kind of a disappointment but whatever, it was free.
Here are two of my roommates who I accidentally caught in my frame while taking pictures. On the left with her back towards me is Nicole, on the right, striking a pose, is Becca.
Skyline!
Skyline from next to the giant Ferris wheel that originally debuted in Chicago at the World's Fair

Air Show

Air show
Afterwards, we went to the library just to check it out only to arrive right as they were closing so we went on a quest for the stone faces I saw the other day to no avail. So, I think I'm going to have to do some research or something. I even went to a place for architecture tours and asked one of the 'experts' there and they had no idea what I was talking about. Haha.
We came back, I made some dinner and then we decided to go to the gelato stand a few blocks away and did some crazy lunges and aerobic jumps and stuff on the way to 'earn' it, needless to say we go some pretty weirds looks. It was worth it though. ^_^
City skyline from Navy Pier
Me as a Sailor. 
Sailor All Smiles!

1 comment: